The opening ceremony of the Beijing Summit of the China-Africa Cooperation Forum 2018 was held on the afternoon of September 3th. Chinese President Xi Jinping and 53 African country’s leaders attended the opening ceremony.
Xi Jinping announced China has decided to strengthen exchanges of development experience with Africa and support cooperation in economic and social development planning:
- set up 10 Luban workshops in Africa to provide vocational skills training for African youth;
- support the establishment of China-Africa innovation cooperation centers aimed at promoting Youth Innovation and entrepreneurship cooperation;
- implement the Head Goose Project to train 1,000 people as Elite talents in Africa;
- provide 50,000 Chinese government scholarship places for Africa;
- provide 50,000 training places for Africa;
- invite 2,000 young Africans to China for exchange.